First decide on a business structure Outdoors Store as a Sole Proprietor, LLC/Corp, or Partnership.
Selling/Leasing or if wanting to buy or sell
Outdoors Store merchandise, food, equipment requires a
All Outdoors Store Businesses
Using a DBA doing business as name need a
DBA Fictitious Business Name
Hiring Outdoors Store
Workers Requires a Federal EIN and a State Tax Number EIN
All Selling Online Businesses (Including Web based, Online, Websites, Home or eBay Businesses) that use a trade business name, need a(n)
Trumbull County DBA Business Name Registration
Retailers / Wholesalers, (Including Web based, Online, Websites, Home or eBay Businesses) Need a(n)
OH Sellers Permit (A.K.A state id, wholesale, resale, reseller certificate).
Employers (Including Web based, Online, Websites, Home or eBay Businesses) Need a
OH Federal Tax Id Number and a(n) OH State Employer Tax Number
Instead of filing a fictitious business name DBA Filing in
Niles, Incorporate in OH or form a(n) OH LLC
1. Do you have a sense of what business you would like to start?
2. Will be working by myself and be subject to self employment taxes and want to avoid or reduce them.
3. Do I need to file a DBA assumed business name registration? What about a federal tax ID?
4. When do I need to get a business license? In what order do I get tax IDs and licenses?
5. What permits do I need?
6. So if I set up a corporation I still need to get a business license? Or is it the case that if I have filed an LLC or corproration I will not need a business license?
7. Why do I need a business license?
A: If you have a passion for being in your own business but do not know what business to start
A: Generally an S corporation is best in reducing self employrment taxes
A: You need to file a DBA because it is required by law if your business is doing business under a name other than the legal name of the business for sole proprietors and the corporate name if it is an LLC or corporation. You need a federal tax id for a partnership.
A: You need it immediately after or before you start a business. There is no order of getting licenses. You need to get them as soon as possible.
A: You need at least a business license and a DBA. If you selling taxable items, you will need a seller's permit. If you are an employer, you will need a federal and state employer number EIN.
A: No, all businesses and all forms of ownership need a business license.
A: You need a business license because government licensing authorities require you get one so you can pay them taxes and comply with safety and health related rules.