You are not signed-in.
Sign In 
Chat Live with a LawyerClick to Chat Live

| Phone: (702) 347-1310 |

Skip Navigation Links


Pricing / Fees

Quick Quiz

Get Tax IDs

Bookmark and Share

What Tax IDs Do I Need

Skip Navigation Links
Tax IDs You Need

Tax ID Number


Federal Tax ID

Sales Tax ID

EIN Employer Tax ID

State Tax ID

Resale Tax ID

Reseller Tax ID

Biz Tax Registration

Wholesale Tax ID

Business Tax ID

Wholesale ID

State ID

Tax ID


  Washington Tax Id Number

The state of Washington requires new businesses to obtain an occupational business tax license and a seller's tax license if they conduct taxable sales.


Click to Find Out if You Need the Tax ID Number(s).

Click to Find Out if You Need Washington (WA) Tax ID Number(s).

  • Business Tax Registration ID

  • A  State Sales Tax ID Number 

  • A  Federal Tax Id Number (EIN)  & 

  • State Employer ID Number 



    Need a Tax ID Number in Washington?
    Here you can Apply for a Tax Id Number in Washington. We offer an easy way to apply for a Washington Tax Id Number Online.

    A Washington tax identification number (also know as an employer identification number or EIN), or a Sales Tax Id Seller's Permit Number, is a number assigned to your business by the IRS and / or by the State.

    Your tax ID number is used to identify your business to several government agencies  who regulate businesses.

    Any business offering products or services in Washington that are taxed in any way must get a seller's permit tax id, and federal tax ID number as well as a state employer tax id if the business is an employer.

    In fact, any business that is an employer and collects or pays sales taxes will need a seller's permit tax id number and a federal tax ID as well as a state ein.

    Get your Washington Tax ID (EIN)

    If you get a Federal tax id, it is good in all states, including Washington.

    * Individuals / Sole Proprietorships
    * Corporations in Washington
    * S-Corporations in Washington
    * Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
    * Partnerships in Washington
    * Non-Profits

    Click to Find Out if You Need the Tax ID Number(s).

    Click to Find Out if You Need Washington (WA) Tax ID Number(s).

              WA Legally Required Tax Id Numbers  

    If You Are Starting a Business, You May Need a Tax Id Number Number

    When Starting a Business, all businesses, including home based businesses, internet businesses, ebay, online web sites, professional practices, contractors or any other business, in Washington are required to identify their business with one of two numbers: either a Social Security number or an EIN or employer identification tax id number.

    A Social Security number can be used on all your government tax id number forms and other tax id number official documents, if you are a sole proprietor, but most small business advisors recommend that you apply for a Federal Tax Id Number (EIN) and use that number instead.

    Here is where you will need to use this federal Tax Id Number : All corporations, employers, and those that need to use a business Tax Id Number # instead of their SS#, are required to have it.  

    Also, in tax resale certificates and some other business tax forms , you are  required to provide this number.

     How to get your Tax Id Number - Tax ID Numbers - How to Apply and Obtain a Tax Id Number

    Click to Find Out if You Need the Tax ID Number(s).

    Click to Find Out if You Need Washington (WA) Tax ID Number(s).

    How do I get tax ID numbers?
    Every  business needs its own Tax Id Number. To get a federal Tax Id Number , state Tax Id Number , or seller's  number, click here.

    Once the federal government issues you a tax identification number , you will have to get a state Tax Id Number from Washington as well.  Find out more here, or ask your lawyer, bookkeeper or accountant to do this for you.

    Here's a Few Other Tax Documents and Business Permits You May Need When Starting a Small Business

    In Washington, If you use a name other than your own personal name to operate a business, you are legally required  to file  a DBA Certificate , also known as a dba (doing business as) form.

    A corporation or llc, is probably the best and cheapest insurance for you and your new small business if you want to limit your civil, tax, and personal liability.

    If you buy or sell wholesale or retail in Washington and the goods or items bought or sold are taxable, you need a Reseller License or  Wholesale License.

    If you will hire employees you are required to obtain a federal tax id number (Employer Identification Number EIN) as well as a state Tax Id Number as well (for Washington ).

    In most cases, you are required to get an Washington or state permit or business License , even if you are working from home or you have an online business or selling on ebay- but note: 99.9 percent of all businesses are required to have a business License or business tax registration certificate ( both the same).



    State Tax Id Number / Employer Id Number EIN



          Businesses that are employers are required to obtain a  State Tax Id   (EIN) and a Federal Tax Id  (FEIN) NOTE: Sole owners can use a  federal Tax Id Number to build business creditClick Here to File Your Tax Id Number Fees  How Long Does it Take?  Back to Top

    Wholesale License Number / Resale / Reseller's License / Tax Id Number


           Wholesalers, retailers of taxable goods / services require a Wholesale License / Wholesale License Number / Reseller License. Click Here to File Your Wholesale License    Fees   How Long Does it Take?   Back to Top

    Federal Tax Id Employer Identification Number FEIN 


           Corporations or LLCs, employers, and, in some states,  those businesses that are also getting a Wholesale License are required to obtain a Federal Tax Id  (FEIN) and a Business License.

    Click to Find Out if You Need the Tax ID Number(s).

    Click to Find Out if You Need Washington (WA) Tax ID Number(s).

     Back to Top